Friday, June 6, 2014

Boca Chica

It's only the 3rd day here and I feel like the team has already bonded really well. We have a lot of chemistry in our time off the field and on it. This is a great group of guys that I'm excited to get to know better over the next month. During our discipleship time we have continued to work on our testimonies which we hope to share with the team we play with this weekend. We are headed to Santiago Friday morning to play a series against a developmental league team. We will also spend some time with them off the field. I can't wait to use my Spanish to hopefully connect with them and share some of my faith with them!
Today we traveled into Boca Chica to play at a field in the center of town. A bunch of kids from the neighborhood were at the field and they watched us practice. Some of them hung out on the fences and a few even in the outfield behind us while we had an intrasquad scrimmage. It was a great experience to see how much they love being around the game and how important this sport is to them. It definitely makes me appreciate the gift God has blessed me with to play this amazing game. 



No comments:

Post a Comment